Report: Albemarle Co. House Fire Started on Stove

By: News Staff Email
By: News Staff Email

April 26, 2014

Albemarle County fire officials say a blaze that destroyed a home on Friday began in the kitchen.

The fire happened around 1:45 p.m. Friday on the 4100-block of Clark Road in western Albemarle County. When fire crews arrived, the house was engulfed in flames.

The fire marshal's office says investigators found the gas stove in the kitchen was left on, and it appears the fire began when something on the stove was left unattended.

Damage estimates are about $112,000.

No residents or firefighters were injured in the blaze.

The comments sections of are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we ask that you follow our rules for commenting. E-mail is required to comment on a story, but it will not be displayed with your comment. For complete rules, CLICK HERE. The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus
The Charlottesville Newsplex 999 2nd Street S.E. Charlottesville, VA 22902 434.242.1919 – Main 434.220.7522 - Newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 256840701 -
Gray Television, Inc.