April 20, 2014
An unattended brush pile spread to a shed on an Albemarle County property on Saturday evening, creating thousands of dollars in damage.
The fire happened shortly after 7 p.m. Saturday. The Albemarle County Department of Fire Rescue says crews arrived on scene and found the shed engulfed.
The fire has been ruled accidental, and the estimated loss is at $3,000.
The fire marshal's office says this highlights the importance of always keeping an eye on burning brush piles and not leaving them unattended.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.