Unattended Brush Pile Highlights Importance of Burning Precautions

By: News Staff Email
By: News Staff Email

An unattended brush pile spread to a shed on an Albemarle County property on Saturday evening, creating thousands of dollars in damage.

MGN Online

April 20, 2014

An unattended brush pile spread to a shed on an Albemarle County property on Saturday evening, creating thousands of dollars in damage.

The fire happened shortly after 7 p.m. Saturday. The Albemarle County Department of Fire Rescue says crews arrived on scene and found the shed engulfed.

The fire has been ruled accidental, and the estimated loss is at $3,000.

The fire marshal's office says this highlights the importance of always keeping an eye on burning brush piles and not leaving them unattended.


The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we ask that you follow our rules for commenting. E-mail is required to comment on a story, but it will not be displayed with your comment. For complete rules, CLICK HERE. The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus
The Charlottesville Newsplex 999 2nd Street S.E. Charlottesville, VA 22902 434.242.1919 – Main 434.220.7522 - Newsroom
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 255937391 - newsplex.com/a?a=255937391