- In an effort to offer a way for the community to come together to remember 9/11 and promote a future of peace and hope, Charlottesville hosted the first ever September Peace Concert.
- Charlottesville firefighter and Scottsville Fire Chief Timmy Cersley was one of a handful of local firefighters who traveled to Ground Zero about a month after the terror attacks to stand side by side with his fellow brethren, paying their last respects.
- One local senior is making a difference daily in the lives of senior citizens. Seventeen year old Ben Thacker has been recognized as Volunteer of the Year by Virginia's Health Care Association.
- When a cartoon depicting the prophet Mohammed with a lit bomb resting in his turban was released earlier this year, members of the Muslim community were outraged. Now Christians are the ones upset by offensive comics printed right on UVa grounds.
- Monday marks five years since the September 11 attacks. Since that time, law enforcement in this country has changed dramatically including one of the countries biggest investigatory agencies.
- On Thursday 140 people were invited to hear former president of Iran Mohammad Khatami speak in person at UVa. The former leader spoke through a translator, and his words certainly got people talking.
- The former President of Iran paid a visit to the University of Virginia. Muhammad Khatami, who was the Iranian president from 1997 to 2005, addressed students, faculty and administrators in the Dome Room of the Rotunda.
- Driggers says Andino, who she calls E.J. was protective and caring. Even in Iraq, he would call to make sure she was alright, and not working too hard. Now E.J. Is gone, and others are picking up where he can not.
- Former Iranian President Mohammed Khatami will speak at the Rotunda before a invitation only audience. With the climate of the U.S.-Iranian relationship, his visit has stirred quite a bit of controversy.
- A former University of Virginia employee who is suing the school for wrongful termination appeared in court. Both the plaintiff and the defense argued their case before the judge.