- After a lengthy discussion Thursday night, the Albemarle County School Board did not officially make any changes to it's current policies. But they did make some recommendations that they feel could improve their current policies.
- Three gas leaks in the last three weeks have firefighters on alert. Now, fire officials are warning residents to be on the look out for a strong rotten egg smelling odors when they are doing any digging.
- With the budget battle in Richmond entering its 149th day, and the possibility of a government shutdown looming, Governor Tim Kaine says he remains hopeful a deal will be completed.
- A woman in Crozet is heading up a project to keep kids out of trouble after school. She's hoping a fundraiser this weekend will bring in enough money to renovate a new recreation center for teens.
- Breast cancer affects millions of American women, but it hits one group especially hard. According to a new study, young African American women are more likely to have a particularly aggressive and deadly form of the disease.