- The advisory committee for the Food and Drug Administration decided to recommend a new drug to prevent premature births. In clinical trials, Gestiva, has been known to reduce the number of babies born prematurely.
- A Levee System put into place late in the 1980s has protected the town of Scottsville from various storms. As Ernesto churns towards the U.S., town officials feel confident that their Levee System can withstand Ernesto's wrath.
- After Hurricane Katrina devastated the Gulf Coast, many people jumped at the chance to help victims in that area. That includes quite a number of people from Charlottesville, and some are still making an effort today.
- A fence that has separated part of the 10th and Page neighborhood from the Venable neighborhood for years now has an opening. For the first time kids from 10th and Page will now have direct access to a nearby park.
- As more victims were identified Monday, it was learned that one woman from Madison County was on board the flight. Cecile Moscoe moved to Kentucky after graduating from Madison County High School.
- The city of Charlottesville is giving away $250 to city residents to help ease the burden of property tax on city residents. However, it seems those who qualify aren't coming forward and the deadline is approaching.