- Because there were no anti-religious insignias or words spray painted anywhere , police don't think this act was an attack on the church or its members. However, its still a serious issue and one that has members of the congregation saddened.
- The Jefferson Area Board for Aging is being recognized for its role in saving Mountainside Senior Living. Mountainside was preparing to close its doors and leave about 140 elderly people homeless.
- The Nelson County Service Authority received a $600,000 loan from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The money will be used to build the Authority's water and sewer operations in Colleen Business Park.
- A top supplier of contraceptive pills and patches raised their prices last month and now a local clinic is forced to pass it on to consumers. It is going to affect women who can least afford it, women who have no health insurance.
- As the price of housing in Albemarle County continues to rise, interested buyers find more and more houses creeping out of their price range. Some County lawmakers are trying to address that problem.
- Keeping up with technology means buying new gadgets and getting rid of the old. However, environmental officials said four million tons of electronic waste is dumped into United States landfills every year. Now, a local retailer is offering a solution.