- Tornadoes can strike our area at any time of the year, not just in spring and summer, but are we prepared? Tuesday was Tornado Preparedness Day across the state, where various public schools participated in a tornado drill.
- The Virginia legislature worked all day Friday to come up with an agreement on the state budget, but legislators said it is unlikely to happen before the end of the session Saturday.
- Mariam Curry was born with a blood disorder that forces her to have blood transfusions every three weeks. So every year for her birthday the Red Cross throws her a blood drive party.
- The School Board decided to revise their original plan. Now it would fit up to 2,500 students in the new high schools. They're also looking into having a section of one school just for vocation.
- He talks, he breaths, and he has a heart beat but he's not human. "Hooman," as he is called, is one of the simulated dummies that the University of Virginia School of Nursing uses to get a real life feel.