- The FDA Advisory Committee is considering a new set of guidelines that would restrict a person's donations from 72 pints a year to just 24, but blood banks warn this would dramatically cut supplies.
- The Fluvanna County School Board discussed a number of issues at Wednesday night's meeting, but did not finalize a new high school plan to present to the County Board of Supervisors.
- The Fluvanna County School Board is set to look over the Domino Plan again in their meeting Wednesday night. It's the first one since the Board of Supervisors rejected their multi-million dollar plan to build a new high school.
- A ruling was handed down in favor of former legislator Mitch Van Yahres. The democrat has been cleared of allegations involving illegal activity during his political fundraising campaign.
- Two more candidates have announced they are in the running for the Charlottesville School Board. The other four candidates will be on the May 2, 2006 ballot during the City Council election.