- The city asked residents what they want Charlottesville to be like in five years, and through small groups and groups discussions, the city said they got the feedback they wanted.
- Newsweek Magazine ranked Charlottesville High School in the top five percent of high schools in the country. School officials said the rank was based on the number of advanced placement tests the students took last year.
- Albemarle County Police arrested and charged 16 students with underage possession of alcohol. The majority of them are members of the Warrior's Boy's and Girl's lacrosse and soccer teams.
- Now that parts of Crozet have transformed into a Hollywood set, business there is booming. Evan Almighty, the sequel to Bruce Almighty, is currently filming and local restaurants are really feeling the impact.
- The hunt continues for a man accused of breaking into a Charlottesville home and trying to put duct tape over a child's mouth. As police investigate, the residents remain on guard.