- Authorities said revamping the sex offender registry website will make it easier for people to know when there is a sexual predator in their area and help police make sure offenders following the law.
- Alberto heads for the Florida Gulf Coast, but some people aren't taking this storm too seriously. Jeb Bush addressed the public earlier in the day, informing them of its severity.
- A warning from the Centers for Disease Control and prevention: They say local governments won't be able to rely solely on the federal government for help if the deadly bird flu hits the United States. That's why our first responders are getting ready.
- The Cavalier Daily has filed a lawsuit against the State Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control for not allowing them to run ads with alcoholic beverages. Newspaper officials said they are losing valuable advertising money.
- A new cervical cancer vaccine approved by the Food and Drug Administration is raising concerns among parents. They're not sure how soon is too soon for their teens to get vaccinated.
- After a lengthy discussion Thursday night, the Albemarle County School Board did not officially make any changes to it's current policies. But they did make some recommendations that they feel could improve their current policies.