- The popular video game "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" has been getting unfavorable reviews for it's intense violence and pornography. Some said it's getting into the hands of children, and now Senator Hillary Clinton is getting involved.
- The sale of the next "Harry Potter" book is expected to break all publishers' records, with an estimate of ten million copies being sold within the first 24 hours. And much of these sales are to kids.
- The high cost of housing is forcing teachers, nurses, firefighters and police officers to live outside the city of Charlottesville. Now, the Charlottesville Area Association of Realtors is helping these professionals own their own home in the city.
- For the second time in two weeks an Albemarle County bank was robbed. On July 13, the BB&T Bank on 29 North was robbed and on July 7, the First Citizens Bank on Dominion Drive was robbed. Police believe one man could be behind both robberies.
- During the Vietnam War, people frustrated with the world established thousands of communities they hope would be their utopia. Many of the communities never made it, but one only 35 miles southeast of Charlottesville did.