- For the second time in two weeks an Albemarle County bank was robbed. On July 13, the BB&T Bank on 29 North was robbed and on July 7, the First Citizens Bank on Dominion Drive was robbed. Police believe one man could be behind both robberies.
- During the Vietnam War, people frustrated with the world established thousands of communities they hope would be their utopia. Many of the communities never made it, but one only 35 miles southeast of Charlottesville did.
- Albemarle County Police are sorting out the details after at least 12 cars were vandalized in the early morning hours of July 12. Police said the random acts of violence caused thousands of dollars worth of damage.
- You've heard of a green house, but have you ever heard of a green roof? Well, Albemarle County has the state's biggest and it can help save the Chesapeake Bay and slim down energy bills.
- Small businesses like the Suntan Shoppe set up shop, and when they can't pay the bills anymore they go bankrupt, leaving their customers who had year long tanning contracts stranded.
- It seemed like a good idea over 100 years ago. Tax those rich enough to own a telephone and raise money for the Spanish American War. Believe it or not, that tax is still there, right on your telephone bill.