- Right now, the General Assembly is considering 13 new dog laws to curb violent pets. Tonight, City Council examined several ordinances that would take those measures one step further.
- With unseasonably warm temperatures to start off 2006, the question comes to mind, does it have to do with climate? La Nina, a climatic phenomena, or cooler than average Pacific Ocean temperatures, plays a role even in our weather here in Central Virginia.
- The University of Virginia and the Salvation Army offered free and confidential HIV testing. The Virginia Department of Health said in 2003 almost 200,000 African-Americans were living with AIDS in the United States.
- Officials said broadband surveys have been sent to residents to find out who has internet connectivity and who wants it. The goal is to find out where broadband access is available and how possible new residents can benefit.
- After a string of racial events, the University of Virginia hired William Harvey as the Chief Diversity Officer--- and now three months into the job, Harvey spoke about race relations on college campuses.