December 13, 2013
Showing most viewed stories from the past 24 hours updated daily
- Students at Charlottesville High School had a conversation about immigration policy with Senator Mark Warner on Thursday. It's all part of collaboration between the high school and a UVa. graduate class.
- Albemarle County Police have arrested one person in connection to the car wreck at Broadus Wood Elementary School last Thursday.
- Gov. Bob McDonnell is proposing $11 million in state funding over the next two-year budget cycle for the Slavery and Freedom Heritage Site in Richmond.
- Dietary supplement maker Star Scientific Inc. has agreed to pay $975,000 to settle a dispute with the Virginia Department of Taxation.
- For any sport on ice, the Zamboni is a popular fixture. This winter, Main Street Arena is giving people the chance to learn how to drive the ice making machine.
- The University of Virginia School of Medicine has received a $3.3 million grant to research a way to dramatically increase the number of lungs that can be used for transplant.
More News Headlines