The qualified candidate will manage the technical operation, maintenance, and ongoing technological advancements of the station’s broadcast equipment, computer systems, and transmitters. Current, relevant experience with state-of-the art high power UHF DTV transmitters, automation and networking are all required.
We’re looking for a leader who will offer guidance and leadership and who can manage multiple projects simultaneously. We are seeking a leader who has a high level of expectations of the technical department and is insistent on good internal customer service.
Key roles of this position include:
1. Plan, manage, train, and coordinate technical activities.
2. Assist and advise in planning of future equipment installations, requirements, and budgetary recommendations.
3. Supervise maintenance of computer software, hardware, and local area network applications on systems throughout the station.
4. Supervise preventive maintenance and/or troubleshooting on all technical equipment, including but not limited to, cameras, ENG truck, editing, production, audio, satellite, automation, microwave, transmission and building equipment.
5. Ensure technical compliance with all FCC requirements
6. Operating and capital budgeting and planning, as well as other department administrative functions.
1. A minimum of 5 years of experience in broadcast television engineering
2. 21st century skill set, a great team-oriented attitude and a dedication to quality
3. Strong leadership skills and exceptional communication are absolutely essential for the successful candidate to possess
4. A strong IT background
5. A College degree, and SBE certification.
Please send your resume and references to:
Jeremy Harman, WHSV – TV
50 North Main Street
Harrisonburg, VA 22802.
You may also email your materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gray Television is an equal opportunity employer. A good driving record is required. WHSV is a drug free workplace. EOE E-verify participant