back to NEWSPLEX Mobile Information pages
NEWSPLEX Mobile Features
1) NEWSPLEX Mobile provides the ability to view news story comments in the mobile versions of content.
2) NEWSPLEX Mobile also allows content sharing functionality, including Email to Friend and Send to Facebook
3) If a particular device is detected properly and supports it, links from Google, online newsletters, Facebook, Twitter, and other web programs will take viewers to the NEWSPLEX Mobile version of that particular story or link automatically.
NEWSPLEX Mobile Functionality
1) We have completely revised the directory structure for NEWSPLEX Mobile. Instead of the site residing on the same address as the full web channel, and relying on accurate device detection, we have moved NEWSPLEX Mobile to a different physical location (www.newsplex.com/mobi). This means that devices that are more advanced and that are recognized will still be redirected to NEWSPLEX Mobile, but still make NEWSPLEX Mobile very easily accessible for all other devices.
2) Our previous mobile URL, www.CBS19togo.com, will still take you to NEWSPLEX Mobile without any need for detection, redirection, or cookies. However, as soon as possible, you should reset any bookmarks or favorites to the new NEWSPLEX Mobile address: www.newsplex.com/mobi.
3) NEWSPLEX Mobile's new directory structure makes improved analytics and reporting possible.
NEWSPLEX Mobile Future Enhancements
1) Weather is such an integral feature of NEWSPLEX Mobile. We plan to enhance the weather feature on NEWSPLEX Mobile. We’ll communicate these developments as they become available.
2) Search is a very important feature of any new media product. We plan to rework the way our web channel search works. These web channel search enhancements will also be translated into enhanced search capability for NEWSPLEX Mobile. We will keep you informed as this upgraded functionality becomes available.
3) We are planning a significant upgrade to NEWSPLEX Mobile video. We are working on providing mobile video availability in the three standard formats: WMV, 3GP, and QuickTime. This capability will allow the majority of mobile viewers the ability to watch video on NEWSPLEX Mobile.
4) Navigation will get an upgrade in the near future, with the addition of sub-navigation functionality.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.