March 21, 2005
Kids at Burnley-Moran Elementary School got the day off Monday, March 21st thanks to a bad smell.
Over the weekend, the gym was cleaned with a chemical that filled the school with an unpleasant odor, causing the students to be evacuated.
Teachers called parents and contacts to have them come pick up their kids, as they opened windows and doors to air the school out.
School employees say the chemical wasn't harmful, just unpleasant.
"We are basically trying to get everyone out. There's still kids in some of the classrooms, but not in the wings where the chemical is. It's really not dangerous. It’s not a poisonous chemical. It just smells bad," said reading tutor Kristin O'Brien
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.