February 1, 2006
A student in Albemarle County left school early and headed to the hospital this afternoon.
Rescue crews treated a Western Albemarle High School student for electrical shock.
A member of the Western Albemarle Rescue Squad, said the student was shocked by a live wire, hanging from a piece of equipment in the school's shop class.
The student's injuries are not believed to be life-threatening, and no one else was hurt.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.