July 1, 2014
The Movoto Real Estate Blog says Charlottesville is the most exciting city in Virginia.
The blog looked to the 2010 U.S. Census and local business listings to get data for their criteria, which included:
- Nightlife per capita (bars, clubs, comedy, etc.)
- Live music venues per capita
- Active life options per capita (parks, outdoor activities, etc.)
- Arts and Entertainment per capita (movie theaters, festivals, galleries, theaters, etc.)
- Percentage of restaurants that are not fast food (the higher the better)
- Percentage of young residents ages 18 to 34 (the higher the better)
The young population of Charlottesville was the third highest on their list, thanks partially to the University of Virginia, while the number of non-fast food restaurants earned our area the No. 2 spot.
The ranking for Movoto Real Estate’s top ten cities in Virginia are:
1. City of Charlottesville
2. City of Alexandria
3. Arlington CDP
4. Sterling CDP
5. City of Richmond
6. City of Fairfax
7. City of Fredericksburg
8. City of Harrisonburg
9. City of Norfolk
10. City of Winchester
Click on the link on the side to see the full table ranking of Movoto Real Estate's Most Exciting Places In Virginia.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.