June 23, 2006
Here are a few important tips on how you can keep you and your family safe in the event of flooding:
1. Know your flood risk--how close are you to streams or rivers or anything that might flood?
2. Leave likely flood areas--if you are in one of those flood areas, you certainly want to be paying very close attention to the bodies of water nearest you.
3. Be cautious at night--it is too dark to be able to judge how deep any water really is.
4. Never drive into water--again, you can never judge how deep it is going to be, so never try to drive through a flooded road.
5. Leave a stalled car, if you do get it stuck on a flooded road.