July 31, 2006
To help facilitate easy access to and from the inaugural event at the University of Virginia's John Paul Jones Arena, on Tuesday, Aug. 1, the following information is being provided.
· Police officers and event staff will guide attendees to parking locations when they arrive. Parking lots open at 6 p.m. Doors open at 7:00 pm.
· Those wishing to park in the lots closest to the arena will need to purchase a parking pass. Parking passes for the event may be purchased in advance at www.johnpauljonesarena.tickets.musictoday.com or at the Arena Box Office.
Attendees may also purchase passes for these lots when they arrive at the arena for $15. Only cash will be accepted.
· Parking will be available at the Ivy/Emmet Garage, located near the Best Western Cavalier Inn, for $10, cash only.
· Parking also will be available at select North Grounds parking lots. Although such spaces are provided at no cost, no shuttle bus service will be provided from outlying areas.
· Parking for people with disabilities will be located in the terrace level of the arena parking garage. A parking pass must be purchased.
· In order to facilitate effective traffic flow following the event, police officers and event staff will direct traffic to use predetermined exit routes. Patrons will be required to exit parking lots and garages as instructed because all directions of travel will not be available when exiting.
For more information, contact the Arena Box Office at (434) 243-4960 or access the web at www.johnpauljonesarena.com/directions.