September 20, 2006
Albemarle County Fire Investigators are trying to figure out what sparked a house fire on Wednesday. The home is a total loss. The fire broke out just before 9 a.m. on Blenheim Road.
The residents had already left for work when a neighbor noticed smoke coming from the back of the home. Fire crews spent 30 minutes putting the fire out. They are looking at the dryer or stove as a possible cause.
"About 30 minutes after the smoke, we started to see flames out the back corner roof," said Neighbor Ray Paterson. "The roof burned pretty quick."
Since the fire was reported by a neighbor, severe damage had already occurred by the time fire crews arrived.
No one was injured in the fire.