June 30, 2007
All lots and sizes of Veggie Booty Snack Food are being recalled, the company said, following a report of 51 cases of salmonella poisoning that may be associated with the product.
Georgine Hertzwig of Robert's American Gourmet in Sea Cliff, New York, said the company acted after the Food and Drug Administration contacted them about 51 reports of illness across 17 states.
Hertzwig said none of the products has tested positive for salmonella, but the company acted as a precaution after the FDA and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that many of the infected people has eaten the product.
Veggie Booty Snack Food is sold in supermarkets, health food stores, vending machines and online in all 50 states and Canada. Veggie Booty is often consumed by children, so parents are encouraged to watch their children, and seek medical care if they observe signs of illness.
The brand name is Robert's American Gourmet, and all codes and expiration dates of Veggie Booty are being recalled.
Cases of contamination have been reported in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Washington, and Wisconsin.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.