Two VT Students In Good Condition After Monoxide Leak

August 24, 2007

Officials say that the two remaining Virginia Tech students hospitalized after being exposed to carbon monoxide leak at some apartments in Blacksburg are now listed in good condition.

Five roommates and more than 20 people were sickened by the leak on Sunday. The five 19-year-old sophomores shared a second-floor apartment where the leak occurred in a water heater. It apparently was caused by a faulty valve that became stuck open.

Kristen Julia of Ashburn and Kirstin Halik of Vienna remain at
the Charlottesville hospital.

The three others, Elizabeth Burgin, Carolyn Dorman and Nichole
Howarth, were released from Duke University Medical Center in
Durham, North Carolina, earlier this week.


The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we ask that you follow our rules for commenting. E-mail is required to comment on a story, but it will not be displayed with your comment. For complete rules, CLICK HERE. The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus
The Charlottesville Newsplex 999 2nd Street S.E. Charlottesville, VA 22902 434.242.1919 – Main 434.220.7522 - Newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 9355711 - newsplex.com/a?a=9355711
Gray Television, Inc.