Nov. 22, 2013
Home Instead Senior Care is kicking off its ninth year of the Be a Santa to a Senior program.
Starting Saturday, Nov. 23, there will be Christmas trees all around Albemarle County with ornaments bearing the name of a senior citizen and their gift request.
People are encouraged to pick an ornament, buy and wrap a gift listed on it. Then, bring the gift and ornament back to the business where you picked it out.
Gifts are due back by December 16th, and will be delivered the following day.
Trees will be at:
- Branchlands at 1300 Branchlands Drive
- Colonial Auto Center on U.S. 29 North
- Our Lady of Peace at 751 Hillsdale Drive
- Senior Center at 1180 Pepsi Place
- Volvo of Charlottesville at 3025 Ivy Road
- In Vino Veritas at 3015 Louisa Road in Keswick
- Walmart stores on U.S. 29 North, at 135 Stoneridge Drive in Ruckersville and at 164 Camp Creek Parkway in Zion Crossroads.
Groups sponsoring the Be a Santa to a Senior program:
- Albemarle County Social Services
- Charlottesville Social Services
- Jefferson Area Board for Aging
- Meals on Wheels
- Salvation Army
- United Way-Thomas Jefferson Area
Click on the link on the side for more information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.