Jan. 8, 2014
Albemarle County firefighters braved the cold weather Wednesday morning to put out a house fire.
Shortly after 6:30 a.m., firefighters responded to a home on Gloucester Road, off Carrsbrook Drive.
Firefighters battled a fire in the crawl space and walls on the first floor.
Everybody inside the home got out safely and nobody was hurt.
The family will be staying with neighbors and did not require assistance.
Officials say the cause of the fire is a malfunctioning heating system. The Fire Marshal’s office estimates the loss for this fire at $76,000.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.