January 29, 2013
UPDATE: Charlottesville's Fire Chief has ruled the fire was accidentally started by an extension cord under a mattress that overheated.
January 27, 2013
The Charlottesville Fire Department is investigating an apartment fire on Dale Avenue in the city.
Residents detected the fire early so fire crews were able to get on scene and contain the fire quickly. It apparently started with a mattress, but the investigation continues.
No one was hurt but at least two people have been displaced temporarily. There is minimal cost of damage.