Oct. 29, 2013
Charlottesville firefighters have been called out to the Kroger grocery store located in the Barracks Road Shopping Center.
On Tuesday, firefighters responded to an incident where a backhoe reportedly hit a power line which caused arcing at a transformer at the rear of Kroger.
The electrical arcing caused some smoke and released unsafe levels of carbon monoxide. The building was evacuated, though there hasn't been any report of any injuries.
The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we only ask that you use your best judgment. E-mail is required, but will not be displayed with comment.
As a host Newsplex.com welcomes a wide spectrum of opinions. However this is a site that we host. We have a responsibility to all our readers to try to keep our comment section fair and decent. For that reason The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
If you have any ideas to improve the conversation or this section let us know. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
powered by Disqus