January 28, 2013
Albemarle County eye doctors will be offering free eye care for children whose family may not be able to afford it.
On Friday, February 8, 2013, Drs. Record & Record Optometrists, PC will be hosting Student Eye Exams (SEE) Virginia.
The event provides free eye care for financially restricted, uninsured children in the greater Charlottesville area.
Eye examinations and glasses will be provided free of charge to qualifying students that schedule an appointment for February 8th between 8:30am and 5:00pm at either the Sachem Village Office or Pantops Office.
There are five qualifications a child must meet in order to participate in SEE Virginia. If a child fails to meet any of the qualifications, Drs. Record & Record Optometrists may assist the child at their discretion.
- Family income is no more than 185% of federal poverty level (eligible for free or reduced lunch).
- Child is not enrolled in Medicaid or other vision insurance.
- Child is 18 years old or younger and has not graduated from high school.
- Child or parent is a U.S. citizen or legal immigrant with a social security number.
- Child has not received free eye care during the past twelve (12) months.
To schedule an appointment, call either the Sachem Village Office (434-978-4090) or the Pantops Office (434-975-2420).
You must schedule an appointment ahead of time of the event, and space is limited.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.