Family Relocated after Kitchen Fire

A Charlottesville family has been temporarily relocated after a fire broke out in their home early Thursday morning.

The fire broke out at around 3:20 in a kitchen on Druid Avenue. No one was hurt, and The Red Cross is assisting the family of three.

Firefighters were able to quickly contain the flames, which were caused by a malfunction of a kitchen appliance.

"Units discovered smoke showing from the residence. Further investigation did show there was a fire in the residence," said Battalion Chief Richard Jones. "Units quickly got inside, began a primary and secondary search, established that no one was inside the residence, began attacking the fire and quickly got a kitchen fire under control."

With high temperatures and humidity outside crews were on hand to give firefighters wellness checks so they didn't overheat.

The Charlottesville Newsplex 999 2nd Street S.E. Charlottesville, VA 22902 434.242.1919 – Main 434.220.7522 - Newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 215977541 -
Gray Television, Inc.