UPDATE: House Fire in Charlottesville Caused by Electrical Problems

June 27, 2013

Charlottesville firefighters say a house fire on West Street was caused by electrical problems.

Shortly after 10:45 Thursday morning, firefighters got a call about smoke showing from the second floor of a house.

Crews were able to quickly put out the fire in the bedroom, but it did cause some serious damage to the room.

Nobody was hurt.

The family is staying with relatives for now.


The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we ask that you follow our rules for commenting. E-mail is required to comment on a story, but it will not be displayed with your comment. For complete rules, CLICK HERE. The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus
The Charlottesville Newsplex 999 2nd Street S.E. Charlottesville, VA 22902 434.242.1919 – Main 434.220.7522 - Newsroom
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 213329201 - newsplex.com/a?a=213329201