April 8, 2013
The 26th season of Fridays After Five is two weeks away.
Fridays After Five is a free concert series, going from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM during the spring and summer months.
The first event will kick off at the nTelos Wireless Pavilion on the Downtown Mall April 19th and each Friday thereafter ending on September 13th.
Each week volunteers work the concessions on behalf of a variety of local non-profits who share in the proceeds, which raises tens of thousands of dollars to support their work in the community.
These are the bands scheduled to play for the first half of the season:
- April 19- NO BS Brass Band with Grits & Gravy
(Modern Funk Brass Band)
- April 26- Cha Cha’s Cadillac with Erin Lunsford & The Smokey Bandits
- May 3- Groove Train with Bluestep
(Return of Disco!)
-May 10- William Walter & Company with Special Guest DJ Williams with Tara Mill & Yankee Dixie
(High Energy Rock and Twang)
- May 17- Abbey Road with The Currys
(Beatles, Beatles & Beatles)
- May 24- Beleza with Morrow Azul Samba School
(Funkalicious Samba Soul)
- May 31- Turnpike Troubadors with Carl Anderson
(Rowdy Heartland Americana)
- June 7- Love Canon with Gina Sobel and the Mighty Fine
- June 14- Kathryn Caine and the Small Band with Sally Rose
- June 21- The Gladstones with Ali Marcus
- June 28- Acme Swing Mfg. Co with Red & The Romantics
(Swing & Dance)
- July 5- The Seedz with Cashless Society
(Alternative Southern Rock)