February 26, 2013
An Amherst County man is facing more charges in what investigators call a crime spree that spanned 19 cities and counties in Virginia.
Kevin Scott Burchardt was arrested back in December after he was accused of breaking into multiple homes in Fluvanna County.
Monday, a grand jury in Fluvanna County certified the following charges against him:
- 8 counts of burglary while armed
- 2 counts of attempted burglary while armed
- 10 counts of possess firearm by convicted felon
- 7 counts of grand larceny
- 1 count of use of a firearm in commission of a felony
- 2 counts of abduction
- 1 count of armed robbery
Albemarle County Police continue to ask about other crimes that Burchardt may have committed last year.
Burchardt is currently being held at the Central Virginia Regional Jail in Orange County with no bond.
|There are currently no active polls at this time.
Click here to view other polls on our site and past poll results.