One Person Treated for Smoke Inhalation After Basement Fire

January 28, 2013

A small fire caused a big scare for a Charlottesville resident.

Shortly before 6 A.M. Monday, the Charlottesville Fire Department responded to a basement fire on Warren Lane.

Firefighters evacuated the home and quickly contained the fire.

They said, because of the location of the scene, they had a difficult time stretching hoses to the scene and had to close nearby roads.

According to the Battalion Chief, one person was treated for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters said this should serve as a reminder to check the batteries in your smoke detector.


The Charlottesville Newsplex 999 2nd Street S.E. Charlottesville, VA 22902 434.242.1919 – Main 434.220.7522 - Newsroom
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 188659201 - newsplex.com/a?a=188659201