Water Street Closed Briefly Due to Electrical Fire

January 8, 2013

A light fixture sparked a small electrical fire in downtown Charlottesville on Tuesday.

Fire fighters were called to Water Street near the Downtown Mall Tuesday morning for reports of smoke in a building. A ballast inside a light malfunctioned and started smoking.

The street was closed for less than a half hour.

The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we ask that you follow our rules for commenting. E-mail is required to comment on a story, but it will not be displayed with your comment. For complete rules, CLICK HERE. The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus
The Charlottesville Newsplex 999 2nd Street S.E. Charlottesville, VA 22902 434.242.1919 – Main 434.220.7522 - Newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 186110792 - newsplex.com/a?a=186110792
Gray Television, Inc.