March 4, 2013
Oily rags are being blamed on a fire that destroyed a wood shop in northern Albemarle County.
The fire started in the shed on Burnley Lane just before noon on Monday.
Volunteers with Seminole Trail, Earlysville, East Rivanna, Stony Point, and Barboursville responded to the call. Fire and rescue crews from Monticello, Hollymead and Albemarle County were also on scene along with Albemarle County Fire Marshals.
Investigators say the fire was the result of spontaneous combustion from oily rags, sawdust, and other debris.
Nobody was injured, however the fire did $80,000 in damages.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.