- The Albemarle County School Board is hoping a new wellness plan will cut down on the areas obesity rates; they approved the plan last night. Charlottesville Schools voted on a similar plan last week.
- Children are learning to read with the help of a 4-legged friend. Through the Reading Education Assistance Dogs Program a registered therapy dog named Ivy visited the Jefferson-Madison Library.
- The Whisper Ridge Behavioral Health Facility will remain open, but only if certain procedures are in place. Earlier this year, the state cited them with multiple violations and threatened to revoke their license.
- All colleges and universities in Virginia will soon have to hand over personal information about incoming students to police, including students' Social Security numbers. The goal is to keep better tabs on sex offenders, but this raises some concerns.
- Many kids look forward to hanging out at summer camp each year. The kids at Camp Holiday trails are no exception, but they're stories are a little different. All of them are burn survivors.