- Over three hundreds kids from over thirty area middle and high schools competed in the Virginia Piedmont Regional Science Fair. While awarding great ideas is one aim of the fair, the other is breathing life into a dying field in America.
- Lung cancer is the most deadly cancer in men and women, according to the American Cancer society. One way doctors try to detect the disease early, may not work as well as experts first thought.
- Charlottesville police trainees qualified in weapons handling and proficiency Wednesday afternoon. One week of their police academy training is focused on handling and shooting a gun.
- People throughout the country say they would like to work out, but just don't have enough time. Now there is a gym that claims it can give you a total body workout in just four minutes.
- The Virginia Department of Social Services said close to 11,000 children are on the waiting list for subsidized child care across the state. A top official with the department believes most of those waiting live in Northern Virginia.
- Charlottesville Lawyer Jennifer McKeever announced her bid for the Democratic nomination for City Council. She is looking to replace Kendra Hamilton who will not be running for reelection.