- For the 12th year in a row the University of Virginia has been ranked #1 when it comes to black students’ graduation rate. Despite racial tension University officials said black students are graduating in record numbers.
- The Aloha House assisted living facility in Charlottesville is not closing its doors despite rumors, but its administrator says she's looking for another building because of current conditions.
- Every hour of every day someone is diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, a chronic disease of the central nervous system. A local woman living with the disease shares her struggles as well as her strength.
- Some of America's fastest growing counties are right here in our area. The Census Bureau said people are buying in the counties rather than cities because they're looking for bigger yards, even if they have to commute.
- It was a busy day for dozens of fire fighters in our area. Many battled one of the larger fires to have erupted in Albemarle County. For some residents, it was too close for comfort.