- It's been one year since a major tire fire broke out in the back of a Cismont home that alerted authorities to the illegal landfill the homeowners had in their backyard for over 30 years.
- Firefighters responded to an apartment fire on Prospect Avenue last night. Early information from the scene indicates a woman was cooking with grease. She dropped it on the floor, sparking the fire.
- Even the youngest cheerleaders are tackling some of the toughest moves, from lifts and tosses to sky-high pyramids. It's these moves that have more young people headed to the emergency room.
- In a stunning and heartbreaking reversal, mining officials told family members early Wednesday that 12 of the 13 trapped coal miners initially thought to have survived a mine explosion had died.