- With two women possibly attacked by the same armed robber, you may be wondering how you can protect yourself if you were ever in a similar situation, especially if you have never taken a self defense class.
- Another woman was almost scammed this week. It's the lasted incident in a string of scams targeting the elderly. Each time the man comes to their door asking for money in exchange for yard work he never did. Charlottesville Police want you to be on alert.
- Construction on the new arena is underway. In a planning meeting Arena officials made an announcement that the connector will be open five months earlier, sometime in the end of January. But, is the John Paul Jones Arena on schedule?
- The average American carries thousands of dollars in credit card balances every month and at interest rates of up to 30 percent it's costing a fortune. But before you can lower those rates, you first need to know how much you're paying and why.
- New development in Keswick has some residents up in arms. Albemarle County proposed the Rivanna Village a decade ago and now that the plan is in the works, some residents are upset they're going to live next to parking lots.
- The Charlottesville racketeering trial continued Wednesday, as federal prosecutors tried to establish a pattern of organized crime. At the center of the organization they point to one of four defendants in this case - Louis Antonio Bryant.
- For several months now you have probably heard about Places 29 and how it is development along Route 29 will improve the flow of traffic as well as bring more businesses to the area. You don't have to just hear about it anymore.
- Could the amount of sleep your child gets affect his or her performance in school? A recent study says yes. Find out how Z's at night can equal A's in the day and how their teachers can tell who is or isn't getting enough sleep.
- The Mega Millions jackpot is one of the largest jackpots in the multistate lottery's history. $315 million is what ticket holders are hoping to win. If you haven't bought a ticket yet, expect long lines.
- The Clifton Inn in Charlottesville has joined the ranks of some of the world's most elite hotels and restaurants. The Inn was accepted into the Relais and Chateaux, an exclusive organization that recognizes hotels for excellence.