- A warning from the Centers for Disease Control and prevention: They say local governments won't be able to rely solely on the federal government for help if the deadly bird flu hits the United States. That's why our first responders are getting ready.
- The Cavalier Daily has filed a lawsuit against the State Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control for not allowing them to run ads with alcoholic beverages. Newspaper officials said they are losing valuable advertising money.
- A new cervical cancer vaccine approved by the Food and Drug Administration is raising concerns among parents. They're not sure how soon is too soon for their teens to get vaccinated.
- After a lengthy discussion Thursday night, the Albemarle County School Board did not officially make any changes to it's current policies. But they did make some recommendations that they feel could improve their current policies.
- Three gas leaks in the last three weeks have firefighters on alert. Now, fire officials are warning residents to be on the look out for a strong rotten egg smelling odors when they are doing any digging.
- With the budget battle in Richmond entering its 149th day, and the possibility of a government shutdown looming, Governor Tim Kaine says he remains hopeful a deal will be completed.