- Charlottesville City Council members have proposed raising the utility rates by about five percent this year. The rate increase would impact water, sewer and gas rates for resident and business owners.
- Some of the Hispanic community in Charlottesville is weighing in on President Bush's immigration speech from last night. The people we spoke this say overall, the speech was positive.
- The clock is ticking for five million eligible seniors who have not signed up for Medicare's prescription drug plan. Seniors who don't sign up face penalties and that's why some want an extension.
- Today was the last day to register to vote in Albemarle County for the Democratic Primary Election. If you missed the deadline, you can still register for the General Election starting on June 14.
- For many restaurants it's one of the busiest days, for florists it's another very busy day, and at the local card store, the aisles are filled with people picking up that last minute card to go along with their gift.
- Weather changes in an instant, so it is important to know what to do if a Severe Thunderstorm or Tornado Watch or Warning is issued. The National Weather Service works with local Television Meteorologists to inform the public of the impending storms.