- The clock is ticking for five million eligible seniors who have not signed up for Medicare's prescription drug plan. Seniors who don't sign up face penalties and that's why some want an extension.
- Today was the last day to register to vote in Albemarle County for the Democratic Primary Election. If you missed the deadline, you can still register for the General Election starting on June 14.
- For many restaurants it's one of the busiest days, for florists it's another very busy day, and at the local card store, the aisles are filled with people picking up that last minute card to go along with their gift.
- Weather changes in an instant, so it is important to know what to do if a Severe Thunderstorm or Tornado Watch or Warning is issued. The National Weather Service works with local Television Meteorologists to inform the public of the impending storms.
- Testing for the AIDS virus could one day become part of a routine physical exam. The Centers for Disease Control is expected to issue new guidelines for voluntary testing by this summer.
- The Alzheimer's Association moved their offices to the Jefferson Area Board for Aging building on Hillsdale Drive. Officials said the new location is beneficial to the Alzheimer's patients and their caregivers.