- Typically, a good book will take about four to six months to go gold and very few reach platinum in their first year of publication. 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince' achieved platinum in one day.
- They're here...UVa's class of 2009. You can see them all around campus donning their orange folders and name tags. The University's first of nine orientation sessions kicked off Monday.
- The popular video game "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" has been getting unfavorable reviews for it's intense violence and pornography. Some said it's getting into the hands of children, and now Senator Hillary Clinton is getting involved.
- The sale of the next "Harry Potter" book is expected to break all publishers' records, with an estimate of ten million copies being sold within the first 24 hours. And much of these sales are to kids.
- The high cost of housing is forcing teachers, nurses, firefighters and police officers to live outside the city of Charlottesville. Now, the Charlottesville Area Association of Realtors is helping these professionals own their own home in the city.