- Residents say they have complained about Old Lynchburg Rd, in Albemarle County, saying it just isn't safe. But the Virginia Department of Transportation said it has not heard any of those complaints.
- Each year thousands of students go without the essential items needed for the beginning of their school year, making learning an even more difficult task. A few citizens are helping make that difficult task a bit easier.
- Dana Reeve, the widow of actor Christopher Reeve has been diagnosed with lung cancer. Shockingly, she has never touched a cigarette. Now, doctors are saying they are seeing a trend of the deadly disease in non-smokers.
- Come election time in November, voters will have the opportunity to decide if Charlottesville's school board should continue to be appointed by City Council or elected by the public.
- According to the Census Bureau, Hispanics are now the largest ethnic group in the country. Officials said the challenge is the language barrier. Just how well do the local police departments measure up?