What's Going Around: January 20, 2014
- In this week's What's Going Around, we're checking in with two local doctors.
Va. Speeds Psychiatric Bed Registry Initiative
- Virginia officials are speeding implementation of an online psychiatric bed registry following an attack on a state lawmaker.
What's Going Around: November 25, 2013
- From strep throat to sinus infections, we're keeping an eye on what's going around. This week's we're checking in with four local doctors.
Using Alternative Medicine & Integrative Medicine to Treat Illness
- If you've been dealing with health issues like depression or chronic pain, you've probably tried medications, doctors and maybe even surgery, but there are other options out there. As CBS19's Stephanie Satchell reports, some say it may be time to think outside of the box and try a different type of medicine like Integrative or Alternative Medicine.
Free Clinic to Expand Dental Care, Needs Volunteers
- The Charlottesville Free Clinic is looking to meet demand and expand its dental services, but it needs some help to do it. The clinic has 600 patients on a waiting list to receive care, and its director says the need won't go down with the new insurance offerings.
Centra Implements Mandatory Flu Vaccination Policy
- Centra is requiring all of its employees and volunteers to have flu vaccinations.
MJH and Plastic Surgeon Team Up for 'Beauty Brunch"
- Martha Jefferson Hospital and Dr. Elizabeth Chance of Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery in Charlottesville are partnering to offer a Beauty Brunch on August 3. The brunch is meant to help woman put their best face forward by taking questions about skin care, sunscreen, facelifts, and more.
C'ville Non-Profit Helps Cancer Survivors Get Glam
- A new Charlottesville non-profit is helping cancer survivors regain confidence from the outside in.
Data Reveals Drastic Differences in Hospital Bills for Similar Care
- Data released Wednesday shows drastic disparities in what different hospitals charge for the same procedure, drawing questions about how hospitals set their prices.
Caffeine Gum Raises Concerns
- The Food and Drug Administration is investigating how added caffeine impacts kids after a new caffeine gum hits the market.
More Top Stories