September 21, 2009
Seasonal flu vaccine clinics will be held at all health departments served by the Thomas Jefferson Health District during the week of September 21. The cost is $30.
The seasonal flu vaccine will not protect against the novel H1N1 flu; however, H1N1 vaccines will be available later in the fall.
The health department bills Medicaid, Medicare, Medicare HMO, Southern Health and Anthem health insurance. Residents will need to bring their insurance card or pay with cash, check or credit card (Master Card or Visa) if not covered by one of these plans.
Pneumonia vaccine will also be available during the clinics at a cost of $53.
The seasonal flu vaccine is recommended for persons who want to reduce their risk of getting sick. It is highly recommended for those who have a greater risk of flu complications and those who work with these groups: children ages six months to 18 years, pregnant women, adults older than 50 years and those with certain chronic medical conditions.
No appointment is needed to receive a seasonal flu vaccine through the following up-coming health department clinics. Please call for information about future seasonal flu vaccine clinics.
Vaccines will be available at the following clinics at the following times:
- Charlottesville/Albemarle Health Department, available September 21 from 12:30pm - 4:30pm, call 434-972-6200
- Fluvanna County Health Department, available starting September 21 from 8:30am - 12:30pm, call 434-591-1960
- Greene County Health Department, available starting September 22 from 8:30am - 12:30pm, call 434-985-2262
- Louisa County Health Department, available starting September 25 from 8:30am - 12:30 pm, call 540-967-3703
- Nelson County Health Department, available starting September 21 from 8:30am - 12:30pm, call 434-263-8315
The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we only ask that you use your best judgment. E-mail is required, but will not be displayed with comment.
As a host Newsplex.com welcomes a wide spectrum of opinions. However this is a site that we host. We have a responsibility to all our readers to try to keep our comment section fair and decent. For that reason The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
If you have any ideas to improve the conversation or this section let us know. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
powered by Disqus