December 4, 2013
Updated: 5:21 PM
- The recount in Virginia's historically close race for attorney general has been scheduled for December 17th and 18th.
- Mark Obenshain is expected to formally request a recount in Virginia attorney general’s race on Wednesday.
- The State Board of Elections in Richmond completed its certification Monday, showing Mark Herring with a 165-vote edge over the GOP's Mark Obenshain.
- The State Board of Elections is scheduled to certify the votes from the Nov. 5th elections Monday, but the race for Attorney General may continue.
- The closest statewide race in modern Virginia political history is unlikely to end Monday when the State Board of Elections certifies the votes for attorney general and other contests in the Nov. 5 election.
More Political Headlines