August 22, 2011
Tuesday is primary day for several districts across the Commonwealth.
In Central Virginia, GOP candidates are vying for a seat in the newly created 22nd District in the Virginia Senate. The new area includes Buckingham, Louisa and Fluvanna counties.
Since it is a product of redistricting, there's no incumbent in the 22nd District. Five Republican candidates are campaigning for the party's nomination. They include:
- Claudia Tucker, a member of the Amherst County Board of Supervisors
- Mark Peake, an attorney who also serves on the Commonwealth Transportation Board
- Tom Garrett, the Commonwealth's Attorney for Louisa County
- Brian Bates, a member of the Buckingham County Board of Supervisors
- Bryan Rhode, a prosecutor from Richmond
To find out if you are eligible to vote in this primary, and for more information on where to go to vote, click here.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.