August 22, 2011
Tuesday is primary day for several districts across the Commonwealth.
In Central Virginia, GOP candidates are vying for a seat in the newly created 22nd District in the Virginia Senate. The new area includes Buckingham, Louisa and Fluvanna counties.
Since it is a product of redistricting, there's no incumbent in the 22nd District. Five Republican candidates are campaigning for the party's nomination. They include:
- Claudia Tucker, a member of the Amherst County Board of Supervisors
- Mark Peake, an attorney who also serves on the Commonwealth Transportation Board
- Tom Garrett, the Commonwealth's Attorney for Louisa County
- Brian Bates, a member of the Buckingham County Board of Supervisors
- Bryan Rhode, a prosecutor from Richmond
To find out if you are eligible to vote in this primary, and for more information on where to go to vote, click here.
The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we only ask that you use your best judgment. E-mail is required, but will not be displayed with comment.
As a host Newsplex.com welcomes a wide spectrum of opinions. However this is a site that we host. We have a responsibility to all our readers to try to keep our comment section fair and decent. For that reason The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
If you have any ideas to improve the conversation or this section let us know. Send an e-mail to email@example.com.
powered by Disqus