August 22, 2011
Tuesday is primary day for several districts across the Commonwealth.
In Central Virginia, GOP candidates are vying for a seat in the newly created 22nd District in the Virginia Senate. The new area includes Buckingham, Louisa and Fluvanna counties.
Since it is a product of redistricting, there's no incumbent in the 22nd District. Five Republican candidates are campaigning for the party's nomination. They include:
- Claudia Tucker, a member of the Amherst County Board of Supervisors
- Mark Peake, an attorney who also serves on the Commonwealth Transportation Board
- Tom Garrett, the Commonwealth's Attorney for Louisa County
- Brian Bates, a member of the Buckingham County Board of Supervisors
- Bryan Rhode, a prosecutor from Richmond
To find out if you are eligible to vote in this primary, and for more information on where to go to vote, click here.