March 7, 2014
Albemarle County school parents and staff are being asked to weigh in on how to make up all the days students have missed for snow this winter.
So far, Albemarle Co. students have missed 10 days because of bad weather.
Based on state guidelines, school could be in session until June 13th.
Assistant Superintendent Matthew Haas emailed out the link to a survey on Friday, which gives alternatives to simply adding days on to the end of the school year.
Haas' suggestions include:
- Make no changes and add days to the calendar.
- Replace the March 28 workday with a school day.
- Add 20 minutes to the beginning of each school day starting April 21st.
- Saturday school days on April 26 and May 3.
- Attend school on Memorial Day (May 26).
- Apply for a waiver for inclement weather closings that occurred during declared state of emergency.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.